I almost want to weep tears of joy when I look at these before and after photos. I know it’s weird to call your own work “insane” but it really has duel meanings—one being our photos impress me, the other meaning I look at them and think, “were you NUTS???”. LOL. Anyways, just wanted to share one last look down memory lane with these photos. The “before” pics are all from the MLS posting, but afters all mine. I’ve tried to link all the projects we’ve completed that have posts written below each picture. 🙂
Front Yard Projects Completed:
- New shade-friendly plants added
- Built our own wood shutters
- Painted the front door mint!
- Replaced iron with wooden support beam
- Killed a lot of grass (wahhh)
- Added a painted concrete rug
Pantry Projects Completed:
- Added a wall to separate the new dining room from the pantry
- Added cabinetry
- Installed open shelving
- Hacked a bookshelf to hold our food
Kitchen updates completed:
- Demo’d entire room/everything
- Added new Ikea Cabinets
- Added vintage cabinet pulls
- Built concrete countertops (then sealed them…then removed stains and resealed again)
- Added backsplash (and grouted it)
- Added pendant lights
- Purchased and installed new appliances
- Built an open shelf for herbs
Dining Room updates:
Living room updates:
- White washed fireplace (or try one of these other fireplace makeover ideas)
- Added a floating mantle
- Painted and modernized shelves
Master bedroom updates:
- Obviously a lot of painting :O
- New flooring
- Removed a ton of old wallpaper
- Got fab new curtains
- Added an awesome new pendant
- Added Ikea-hacked built in bookshelves
- Made the ceiling look awesome with gold polka dots (I removed them prior to listing but think that project deserves a shout out anyways!)
Guest bedroom updates:
Master suite updates:
- Built a giant outdoor swinging bed
- Managed not to kill most plants, phew
So there it is. Almost three years in the making. Insane, right? Are you thinking about tackling a remodel of your own? Here are my tips on how to stay sane. Thinking about listing? Here are my staging tips and how we sold our house the first day!
Here are some more before and after posts I think you’ll love!
how to gracefully survive while living in a remodel
how to stage your house—and sell it!
yes, right after we finished this house, we did another and kept the whole thing secret until we were done! Lots more eye candy here.
35 ways to get Fixer Upper style from Target
WOAH!!!! What differences!!!! Congratulations and well done. 🙂
So much hard work and personal sacrifices from you guys! a true achievement! bravo!!
Such a transformation! You guys have to be so proud of your hard work and your vision for that house. Well done!
seriously, what an amazing (and yes, insane!) transformation. now come do mine 😉 lol congrats though! what an achievement.
Ahhhhhh! Fabulous! I bet it’s so freaking rewarding to see the before and afters side by side like that! You guys did such an awesome job!!!
Wow! Y’all did such an amazing job!
Loved seeing the pics and remembering all the projects! Well done!
Melissa @ A Prudent Life
It really is insane!!! I can’t even begin to imagine how much time went into this gorgeous transformation.
LOL, those bloody wallpapers and the pink color yucks. I love your choices of colors and design; and what you guys did to this place. It sure paid off nicely too !!!
Chelsea @ The Johnsons Plus Dog
My goodness! You completely transformed that place, looks WONDERFUL! How long did it take you? & Secondly, did you have a life while you were doing it? Haha. We’re in the middle of a home renovation now, not a flip so it’s moving pretty slow 🙂 Thanks for sharing your story.
Krista @ the happy housie
Super. Impressive. I love me a good flip. We’ve done two houses this year- though we are keeping ours as rentals for now. Sharing this on my FB page this week- thanks for sharing it at WIW!
Wow, what a difference, it’s just beautiful now!
Wow great job love the floors!
you guys did an amazing job. The home is looking fantastic and I love the open floor plan. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty