Hi friends! This is my first time participating in the One Room Challenge and I couldn’t be more excited! The One Room Challenge is pretty simple—you completely make over one room in your house. The tough part? It has to be done in six weeks. Eeek! I know the title gave it away, but I decided to focus on our laundry room!
With all the spaces in our house that I could have done, you’re probably wondering why I went with the laundry room. The truth is…I HATE DOING LAUNDRY. Hah! Unfortunately laundry is both Scott and I’s least favorite chore. We always had the excuse of having a super tiny (or non-exisistant!) laundry room in the past, but our house now has a really nice sized space for laundry. My hope is, if it’s pretty maybe I won’t hate laundry so much! Simple, but true. 🙂
So, here’s our laundry room in it’s natural state as it came when we bought the house. It’s really kind of sad looking, right? The brown and yellow remind me of a sad banana. But look how big it is! And it has a sink, and even a window! This is the kind of stuff laundry room dreams are made of, right?
While I don’t have everything totally figured out for how I want to completely transform this space, I do have several goals to tackle:
- Brighten up the space. No more sad banana. 🙂
- Add focal interest- some sort of fun wall pattern and/or art.
- New lighting- maybe I’ll see folding clothes in a new light then? 😛
- Storage – while the cabinets are great for some things, we have other things that need some storage like shoes, dog food, leashes, etc.
- Seating- ideally I’d love to have a spot to sit and remove shoes when we come in the house.
Altogether, I think with a little love this space could be totally pretty and maybe laundry will become my favorite chore. Stranger things have happened, right? 🙂
Come by next week and see what has changed—hopefully a lot!