Can you believe it’s 2015? It’s going to take some getting used to! 2014 was an interesting year for me—a lot of lows but those were balanced with some amazing times that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Of course, 2014 was a HUGE year for Run to Radiance! My blog really started taking off this year and before I say anything else, I just want to say THANK YOU! It’s you guys who kept me motivated and kept me accountable…without knowing you all were reading I might have given up on the remodel totally this year! 😛 If you all need visual proof of our insane two and a half years of remodeling…check out my before & after tour here!! Keep an eye out for our romantic master bedroom before with the coordinating dusty rose ceiling, rug AND wallpaper border. 🙂
I thought it’d be fun to take a trip down memory lane and share my favorite projects from 2014. It was hard to narrow them down, but I managed it somehow. So here we go:
10. Adding Gold Polka Dots to the Ceiling. Painting ceilings are really hard and this was an easy-ish (and removable!) way to add some lofty style.
9. Our White Planked Bathroom Walls. Planked walls were one trend I totally got on board with in 2014. I love them! And I am proud of how my cleaver husband used plywood cut into strips at Home Depot to make our bathroom gorgeous. 🙂
8. The End of our Chalkboard Walls and Making Chalkboards out of Thifted Frames. Painted chalkboard walls are still something I love, but they just weren’t working in our house for a wide variety of reasons that I discuss in the post. So I made the grown-up decision to re-paint them and find another way to use chalkboards. A thrifted framed photo and an hour was all I needed!
7. The Time Stalking the Thrift Stores Paid Off Big Time. I finally found the perfect stools for my studio that I had been looking for months for! And then I spent a long time giving them a very complicated (but beautiful!) tri-color paint makeover.
6. The DIY Built-in Bookcases Scott Built Me. Confession: TOTALLY obsessed with books and reading. It’s in my DNA- can’t help it. 🙂 One weekend I took an emergency last-minute flight to visit a dear friend across the country and while I was gone he spent the entire weekend building me an amazing wall of bookshelves. True Love 4Eva. <3
5. The Wooden Shutters We Built and Hung in One Afternoon. This project was so easy and made such a huge impact on the outside of our house! Ya’ll have to see the before. 🙂
4. My Secret Built-in Bar Project with The Home Depot. One, because I got to work with The Home Depot! And two, because we FINALLY got to show people we did kinda sorta know what we were doing when we built that funky nook in the dining room 18 months before. Plus—cocktails! 🙂
3. Our Workbench Makeover. AKA the time we took a disgusting, dirty diamond in the rough and spent HOURS scrubbing and fixing it to turn it into my absolute favorite piece of furniture in our house!
2. Our Painted Concrete Rug. It makes me happy to look at every day, and one of my neighbors called me Martha Stewart. So win/win.
1. The Studio Reveal. This project has been the number one thing that has made this house finally feel like a home to me. I’m so happy to have a space where I can spread out my art supplies and play, or read books from our vast library with the built-in bookshelves.
So that was the best of the best in project-land for me in 2014! This year will bring forth even more DIY-adventures that I’m super excited to share with you guys. Here’s to a clean slate and a brand new year! May you all be blessed in 2015. 🙂
Also- be sure to check out some other awesome Favorite Projects of 2014 posts from these other talented bloggers!