First post of 2o16, let’s do this! I’ve always looked forward to the new year for the same reason I (sorta) look forward to Mondays—I love the idea of a blank slate and a clean page. 2016 can be whatever you all want and make it out to be! Personally, I’m determined to make it my best year yet! For most of us, there are goals and resolutions swirling in our minds that we are full of heart and gusto to complete. Sometimes, to make our goals happen, we just need an extra hour in the day (or week even!). While I can’t get you more than 24 hours (wah!), I do have some tips to help you squeeze the most out of every day. Ready? Let’s make those goals happen!
These tips are things I’ve learned over the past year and KNOW work. While you do have to take your personal schedule and goals into account, I have found these are pretty universal and can help all of us make the most out of every day.
- Sleep smarter. When people start thinking about getting extra time out of their day, the first area of temptation is to cut out an hour of sleep. DON’T DO IT! I can not stress enough how important it is to get sleep. You’ll be much more productive (and happy!) when you get the amount of sleep you need each evening. For me, that’s about 9 hours a night. I’m not perfect at getting it (sadly it can be closer to 6 some nights, wah) but I try. I have also found that I am much more productive when I go to bed early and wake up early. As a Night Owl, I fought this for a long, long time. I thought that it didn’t matter WHEN I worked as long as I had the same amount of time to work and sleep. I started learning myself and figured out that was completely untrue. If I have two hours free between 10pm-midnight, I was much more likely to spend that time browsing Facebook, watching movies, etc. If I had two hours free between 6am-8am however, I was much more likely to work. So I am learning to be like my husband and be an Early Bird. Not perfectly, but trying!
- Use your lunch break wisely. I used to work through my lunch break all the time, but I’ve come to embrace the power of the lunch hour. For me, it’s a time in the middle of my day to take a break and do something for myself that doesn’t involve my house. As a diy-obsessed person, it’s easy for me to use my free time at home on crafting and house projects and not get any of my other goals done, but when I’m at my office, I choose to spend that time doing other things that allow me to enjoy my time at home fully. That means my lunch break is used to write blog posts, go to the gym or run errands. Choose what you do with your hour carefully, or you’ll end up eating a sandwich and staring at Facebook!
- Get help. For some people (like me!) it’s hard to ask for help. I’d rather do all the work (and get all the glory) then delegate out tasks. Over the last year I’ve come to embrace the power of reaching out and have seen so much good come from it! Ask your friends or your parents for advice when you need it. Tell your husband you need him to take care of dinner so you can focus on your project. Hire help if necessary!
- Get organized. There is so much to be said for taking the time to get yourself set up on a good system! One of my goals this year is to stretch myself and try out new crafting and DIY projects, so I spent an entire weekend reorganizing and labeling my supplies. Maybe not the most thrilling or creative thing to do at the time, but now I can walk into my studio and know exactly where to find something and get crafting right away rather than spend time digging through piles! Now I just have to keep it that way. 🙂
- Multitask (sort of!). Another goal of mine is fitness related. I happen to be a super social person (are you surprised!?!) so I have been brainstorming ways to make exercise and healthy eating less secluded. I’ve joined a few fun groups on Facebook, committed to taking more group classes like Zumba and invested in a few fun techy things that will help keep me accountable but allow me to engage in friendly competitions with my peers! Sound fun to you? Then you’ll definitely want to enter in the Fitbit giveaway below! 🙂
- First things first. When it comes down to it, if something is really important to you, you have to put it at the top of your list. Keep the first things first, and the second and third things second and third.
Ready for the giveaway? WOOHOO!! Since so many of us have fitness goals this year, we thought a FitBit would be just the thing to encourage and support! 🙂
This month, we’re so excited to bring you the 2016 FitBit Charge Giveaway – your chance to win a Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity Wristband!
ORGANIZED BY: Juggling Act Mama
DATES: Ends January 17, 2016
Energize your day with Charge—an advanced activity wristband that tracks your steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected throughout the day with real-time fitness stats and Caller ID on the OLED display. And when the day is done, automatically monitor your sleep and set a silent, vibrating alarm. Whether you’re at the office or on the go, Charge wirelessly syncs your stats to your smartphone and computer to help you find the motivation you need to achieve your goals. (Source)
This is the newest model and has some great new features, as well as some of the original ones:
- Activity Tracking
- Caller ID
- Auto Sleep + Silent Alarm
- Exercise Tracking
- OLED Display
- All-Day Wear
Enter the 2016 FitBit Charge HR Giveaway
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Open WorldWide. 1 winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. International (outside US) winner will receive a $90.00 USD cash prize in lieu of prize. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Fitbit, Paypal, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Juggling Act Mama and sponsoring bloggers not responsible for delivery of prize. Winner should allow 4+ weeks for delivery of prize.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Post contains Amazon affiliate links. Should you make a purchase through one of these links, Run to Radiance will earn a few pennies, however, it does not impact the cost of the item to you.
I want to hear your tips for staying focused on goals—share them in the comments below! 🙂