Hi party people! 🙂 A few years ago when I was in the advertising industry I had the opportunity to make some Christmas gifts for coworkers, and, well…it was a hit! We can all agree that making homemade Christmas gifts for adults is more than challenging. Usually its very time consuming too, but this time it was so fun and EASY! One friend even mentioned to me months later that it was one of the best gifts she could have received (you’ll see why later).
I’m going to teach you how to make Peppermint vodka—I promise it’s so simple you’ll wonder what took you so long to try it.
I knew I really wanted to make gifts for people in my life, and when I was daydreaming what I could give to my coworkers I decided to infuse some alcohol. I wanted to make sure it was festive, so I decided to make peppermint vodka drinks as opposed to a few of the other popular holiday drinks you’ll find. There are a few peppermint vodka recipes out there that I’ve tried and this is the best one. Just be prepared that it will take 2 weeks or more to infuse, so NOW would be the perfect time to whip up a batch of your own to give as Christmas gifts for coworkers you love!
You can customize as needed, but the peppermint vodka recipes below will show you how to fill 12 half pint-sized mason jars of your very own peppermint vodka drinks. You may even have enough left over to have a jar (or 2) for yourself if you’re lucky. 😉
Ingredients: (Makes twelve, 8 ounce jars of peppermint vodka)
- 1.5 cups of water
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons peppermint extract
- 9 cups vodka
- 12 8-ounce jars, washed and dried
Directions for homemade peppermint vodka:
- Make sure your jars are clean and ready to go!
- In a large pot combine water and sugar over medium heat, stirring continually until liquid becomes clear (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Wait until liquid cools (this is important), then add peppermint extract, stir well.
- Add vodka to the peppermint mixture and stir the peppermint vodka for 10 seconds.
- Pour 8 ounces of liquid into your mason jars and close lids tightly.
- Keep in a dark, cool place for 2 weeks, shaking jars for about 10 seconds every 3 days.
Bonus Points: Fun Decorating Ideas
If you really want to impress your coworkers with a great Christmas gift, decorate their jars! After I had all the jars put together, I painted the lids a flat blue that I had left over from another project.
I also picked up some plastic animals from the craft store, and spray painted them gold, then glued them on the jar lids to add some glam. Here’s your chance to gift your coworkers with their very own spirit animal. 😛
To complete my wrapping, I used some faux greenery, and vintage library cards I ordered from this shop on Etsy, and wrote out directions for a few cocktails to make using the peppermint vodka.
Y’all just be prepared to be voted the best coworker/friend/child/etc ever in the world. Yay! 🙂
Here’s a few helpful Q&A’s to help you along with this fun recipe
How do you Make Peppermint Vodka?
(The quick version)
- Mix and stir water and sugar until diluted
- Let mixture cool, then add peppermint extract, stir.
- Add vodka to mixture, stir.
- Pour into airtight container (mason jar works well)
- Keep it in a dark, cool place for 2 weeks, shake it for 10 seconds every 3 days
What do you mix with Peppermint Vodka?
Spiked Hot Chocolate
If you’re looking for a little extra spirit in your hot chocolate add an ounce or two and you won’t be disappointed. Use a ratio of 1 ounce of peppermint vodka to every 8 ounces of hot chocolate for a great warm cocktail.
Are you looking to add a little James Bond to your Christmas spirit? Try adding 2 ounces of peppermint vodka with 2 ounces of half and half, and 4 ounces of white chocolate liqueur–you’ll have yourself one yummy cocktail. Just remember… stirred not shaken.
For a boozy brunch mix 8 ounces of your favorite coffee with 1 ounce of Kahula and 1 ounce of peppermint vodka. Try adding a little foamed milk on top to impress your friends. 😉
What are some other simple Do it Yourself Gift Ideas?
Looking for more Christmas gifts for coworkers that aren’t alcohol? Here are a few simple DIY gift ideas they’ll be sure to love!
- These simple and thoughtful essential oil candles make great gifts for the people in your life.
- These 7 ingredient bath bombs will make any spa loving fan more than happy.
- For ideas for every gift giving occasion take a look at my pinterest easy diy gifts page. I’m sure there will be something that works great for you!