This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeyondSnacks #CollectiveBias
If you’ve been around here any amount of time, you know that Scott and I love our two mini aussies, Boomer and Bella. Since we don’t currently have any (human) kiddos, these guys are our babies! I always feel so loved by friends and family when they include our dogs in holiday gift-giving. I love the tradition, so I wanted to make a special Christmas gift basket for a friend who just got a sweet pup filled with some of our favorite dog items.
Our dogs are really active and we want to keep them that way! We are picky about what kind of food and treats they get and were excited to head to Target and fill the gift basket with one of our favorites, Purina Beyond White Meat Chicken Cutlets Natural Dog Snacks. You can find them in the Pet section at Target!
Our dogs LOVE these treats and we do too for several reasons. They are crafted in Arkansas in small batches with chicken as the number one ingredient. I like that there’s no poultry by-product and that they are grain free with no corn, wheat or soy. They also have no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives which is hard to find in the dog treat world unfortunately. Plus, our dogs are always very obedient and good when I’m dangling one of these treats in front of their faces haha!
Want to try Purina Beyond Natural Dog Snacks? You’re in luck! There’s a Target Cartwheel URL offer for 10% off Purina Beyond Dog Snacks at Target, available from 10/4-10/31. Find the coupon here.
In addition to making sure our dogs eat well, we make sure they get a lot of exercise. I know my friend wanted the same for her dog, so we made sure to include some toys. We added in some small pet-approved tennis balls which will make for hours of play! I also wanted to make something myself for her dog, so I came up with a super-easy DIY dog rope toy, using three hand towels from Target. Want to make one of your own? Easy, here’s how!
- 3 cotton hand towels in whichever colors you choose
- scissors or rotary cutter
- wash hand towels thoroughly with non-toxic detergent to remove chemicals, then dry
- place towels on cutting mat and cut 2 2″ strips of each color and 2 1/4″ strip of one color. I used a rotary cutter but you can use scissors.
- stack two of each color on top of one another so all 6 strips are stacked together. Using the 1/2″ strip, tie the stack together in a tight knot about 1″ down. Trim excess string.
- braid the stack together.
- tie off the braided stack with another 1/2″ strip about 1″ from the bottom. Trim excess string. I did have some towel shedding going on, so I took it outside and shook it hard after braiding.
Isn’t that fun? 3 towels were enough to make three so our dogs got an early Christmas gift to play with. I would give a note of caution that if your dog likes to eat towels like an old roommate’s dog did, maybe skip this project. This is for chewing and playing, not eating!
To top off the whole basket I used some tissue paper and made a fun tag. So excited for my friend to find this under the tree this year! 🙂
What about you guys? What are your pups getting for Christmas this year? How would Purina Beyond Snacks found at Target fit into your dog’s snacking routine?