I remember as a kid seeing adults open their birthday and Christmas gifts. I always felt so sorry for them—vacuum cleaner attachments and dishes and ties and tools, yuck!! I, I was certain, would never want boring things like house stuff. Bleh.
Oh, younger Tania…just you wait. House stuff is awesome, mmmmkay?!
It should be no surprise that my wish list contains…house stuff. My 29th birthday is on Saturday, and I thought it would be fun to share what is on my birthday/Christmas wish list this year…
…you know, so you can shop for me and stuff? 😛 Kidding.
1) Gold flatware set. Given my obsession with any and all things gold, I have been wanting a gold plated flatware set for awhile now. I particularly love this one from West Elm.
2) Paper mache deer head. I have been wanting one of these since last Christmas, and had came up with all sorts of adorable holiday related ideas for him- he could wear a Christmas hat! We could decorate him with string lights! Make fake snowflakes!- but the fun doesn’t have to stop there. For spring I am envisioning a flower crown for him, and for parties- birthday hats! Come home to me Mr Deer! Bonus points that it’s just paper, not dead animal. 🙂
3) This gorgeous pendant light. I don’t know where I would put it right now, but eventually I think it would be awesome for my walk in closet…once it’s built. I also like the idea of a cluster of these in the corner of our library…once we build that. 🙂
4) Gold 3-tier stand. Once again, gold is the favorite here. I had a 3-tier stand at one point, and then we moved. Now it is lost forevermore. With all the entertaining we do, this would be a perfect addition to our collection of party-ware…but I could also see myself using it for jewelry in our room, or craft supplies. Basically, can’t go wrong with this guy!
5) Wood bark pedestal stand. Wood is so in right now, and I love it! Ya’ll remember when wood tones were out and everything had to be melamine or plastic or painted? I think this little guy from World Market is so cute! You could use it for cake, or for displaying dishes on a table during a dinner, or for stacks of books, or really anything in the world. 🙂
6) The Abigal love seat. This sofa is precious. I love the color, the shape, the look, everything. Very P&P, don’t you think?
7) Scalloped cutting board. I love this because 1) the shape is beautiful 2) it’s wood & 3) I just threw our wooden cutting board away because it cracked in half…we have to replace it, why not with something pretty?! 🙂
8) Faux cowhide throw pillow. I am really into the look of cowhide, and have thought about buying rugs several times, but I can’t get past the fact that it was a real animal. As a (at times) meat eater, I know I shouldn’t feel this way, and should be glad they are using every part of the cow…but it feels weird. And I worry my dogs would smell it and freak out. So this pillow is a good compromise.
9) The Bryant mobile kitchen cart. We want to purchase a kitchen cart at some point, but hadn’t found “the one” yet. I think this could be him! This cart is gorgeous and just the right mix of functionality and pretty!
10) The Critter spray gun. I just heard about this a few days ago, and since then have read so many positive reviews that I am convinced I must have one. In fact, I would have purchased it already except it requires an air compressor, and ours broke. 🙁 Boo. So perhaps his & hers Xmas gifts?!!? 😛 Seriously ya’ll go check this out- it uses MASON JARS. Brilliance. See? I knew there was a reason I kept buying them!!
11) Letter & number stamping set. This isn’t ink stamping–it’s metal stamping. How cool is that?! I have seen a few cool ideas and have thought of several more. This would be a great way to personalize gifts for people, or make garden markers, or cool decor. Of course I would have to get an anvil as well. 🙂
12) Wide-angle lens. I really, really need one of these. For goodness sakes, I am a home blogger! 🙂 I use my 50mm exclusively right now, and will probably continue to use that for most things, but I would love a wide angle lens to capture tighter places, like bathrooms and closets, and all their makeover glory. This one from Canon has great reviews, and is pretty affordable!
13) Marrakesh by Design. I have a huge fondness for Middle Eastern design and architecture–since I’m 50% Iranian, it’s in my blood. 🙂 I saw this book at Anthro a few months back, and have been thinking about it ever since.
14) KitchenAid pasta attachment. I got a KitchenAid Mixer from Scott as a Halloween gift last year (I know, right!?), and haven’t had an opportunity to get any attachments yet. This is the first one on my wish list- I would love to make fresh pasta, not only the traditional kind, but also to experiment with different gluten free flours or grains to come up with new variations for people in my family who can’t eat gluten, but like pasta!
15) Spiralizer. When I’m not busy making my fabulous homemade gluten free pastas (see above), I can turn VEGETABLES into SPAGHETTI. ‘Nuff said. Bonus points for healthy!
16) The Splendor of Iran. I have heard that this is the best book about the history and beauty of Iran. I would love to read it, and look through all the gorgeous delicious photos, and get in touch more with my Middle Eastern roots! 🙂 This book is pricey- upwards of $300, so it would have to be a splurge, boo.
17) Shahnameh: The Epic of the Persian Kings. I am a huge, huge, huge book worm, and a huge fan of classic literature and epic poetry (and anything else I can read!), and I have only read parts of this book. This particular edition is incredibly illustrated, and I could imagine it being an heirloom piece to pass down to generations. Again, pricey, wah!
18) The Italian Campaign Canopy Bed. This bed. Ya’ll…this bed. I have been waiting for YEARS for it to go on sale…no luck yet. It’s from Anthro, so of course it is amazing, and perfect, and wonderful, but expensive. But I would literally design my entire bedroom around this if I owned it. I would love it forever and never let go.
19) Juice glasses. Not just any boring old juice glass- this one, from Anthro, and in pink please. I have been collecting gold rimmed vintage china and rose glassware for awhile now- pink glass cups are surprisingly hard to find!!
20) Kilim Boots. Seriously- I am obsessed with these. I have been on a mission to find some, and I can only find them in Morrocco, or Turkey, or England–which isn’t a problem except it is because shipping is $50-100. And that’s on top of the $200-400+ for the boots. I am not rich enough to buy $500 boots…and this might be a DIY project, but if anyone knows where I can get any like these, please send info my way!
Of course there are other things, like bookshelves and a bathtub and a massage and spa treatments that I would also love. 🙂 Or just cash. Haha! Kidding, kidding. But it is fun to look at my list and see what has changed this year, vs 5 years ago, vs 10. But enough about me- what’s on your wish list this year?