Thank you all so much for the sweet feedback regarding the new look of the blog! I am so happy with how it turned out. 🙂 I seriously have so much stuff to share with you all- we have made some really awesome progress in multiple rooms over the past week but I would be remiss if I didn’t take a moment to showcase some photos of our Thanksgiving! We hosted both of our local families this year, and had such a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family. We talked, laughed, ate way too much and afterwards watched “Bride & Prejudice” (Bollywood version of Pride & Prejudice…ya’ll know I loved it!). It truly was a family affair.
I was able to put together a pretty cute tablescape by using gold chargers, simple white plates, various candles, and using sparkley gold and cream baker’s twine to tie a faux succulent clipping to a napkin on each plate. It was beautiful and worth all the extra dishes for sure! 🙂 We also have family members with special dietary needs- vegan and gluten free, so we made food labels with the name of each food and marked them specifically if they were gluten free or vegan. That way everyone had something they could enjoy! I simply folded black cardstock and wrote on them with a gold calligraphy pen for a bit of glam. About halfway through I enlisted my sister to help me! In fact, everyone was helpful- my mom made gravy for me last minute because I forgot, oops- and it was the best gravy I’ve ever had! 🙂
Special thanks to Scott & Matt for co-photographing this holiday with me. I’m actually IN some of these pics! 🙂
In other news, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Melissa at A Prudent Life! This award is a way to help newer, smaller blogs get recognized and celebrated by the blogging community. This generally means a new blog that has less than 200 followers. While I don’t fit that description I am definitely honored that Melissa took the time to read and recognize me, and would love to play along-and recognize some newer bloggers that I have enjoyed reading lately! 🙂
Now for the fun part! Here are the questions (and my answers) that Melissa selected!
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Run to Radiance got its name after one of my favorite Bible verse- Psalm 34:5
“I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.”
2. Iphone/Android/or Neither?
iPhone all the way! 🙂
3. Did you have a favorite childhood pet?
When I was little we didn’t really have pets- besides fish. A neighbor of ours had a beautiful dog with red fur, and I called him “Red”. Original right? I remember feeding him hot dogs and cheese slices. No wonder he loved me! Now we have two fur babies of our own…I have a favorite, but I think I’m supposed to say I love my children equally! 😛
4. When do you start decorating for Christmas?
In past years, like two weeks before Christmas. This year we started Thanksgiving week…we still aren’t done, but we are mid-remodel so we are doing our best!
5. Favorite Christmas ornament?
One that we got for our wedding with our anniversary on it. 🙂
6. If you could pick five celebrities to follow your blog, who would they be?
Jessica Alba because she has great style, Martha Stewart (even though I would be a little afraid!), Nate Berkus because he is an incredible designer, Britney Spears because I love her, Sherry from Young House Love- I consider her a celebrity since she is a NY Times best selling author and I could ask her all kinds of DIY questions! 😛
7. Beauty product you can’t live without?
Mascara- there are plenty of days that’s all I wear…especially weekends!
8. Favorite type of exercise?
Cardio- specifically dancing. I dance like a fool multiple times a day. I also enjoy running.
9. What’s the most important thing on your to do list today?
Go to the grocery store! We have no vegetables! Thanksgiving leftovers are officially depleted.
10. Favorite social media platform (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc)
Instagram- I love taking photos of everything! I am not a good tweeter…trying to get better.
Now it’s my turn to pick a few bloggers to play along should they feel interested! See below for the rules/my 10 questions for you. My picks are:
Megan from That Running Girl – she is a faithful blogger and inspires me to eat healthier and run more…and she is just plain adorable!
Charlotte from Marshall House Matters – she has such witty posts…please read her decor dos and don’ts post. I was dying.
Kimberly from Turning it Home– she has such cute ideas- I’m filing several away for when I have kiddos of my own! 🙂
Liebster Award Rules
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the questions from the nominator; list 10 random facts about yourself, and create 10 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Award to several other bloggers, who have blogs with 200 followers or less, whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on the blogs letting the owners know they have been chosen.
4. Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
My questions are:
1. What’s your favorite season of the year?
2. What’s your favorite book of all time?
3. Give us your best holiday decorating advice!
4. What TV show are you sort of embarrassed to admit you watch?
5. What are your favorite blogs to read?
6. If you had an entire afternoon free with no commitments, how would you spend it?
7. What’s your dream vacation?
8. What would be your last meal?
9. Are you a morning or night person?
10. What’s one thing on your bucket list?
Have a wonderful day everyone! 🙂